I am thinking about all the things I no longer spend money on:
- Mac Make-up. My go to brand for almost 15 years. Now I buy Rimmel out of London. It's about 50% cheaper.
- Molly. I do not pay people to wash her. I wipe down her paws on rainy days, clip the hair out of her face and cut her toenails myself. I do not have 100 bucks to drop on a day of beauty for her.
- My favorite Japanese restaurant. It's four blocks from my home. It has the best teriyaki chicken in the world. I would order the obenzai, appetizer of the day, drink two glasses of a white Rioja, and read the paper. But no more. The bill is $40.00 for this and it ain't happening.
- Ann Taylor on Montague Street. I was a regular--- buying up white shirts, khaki trousers, flip flops, T-shirts. A great place for basics. I don't have the money for basics anymore.
- Wee Wee Pads for Molly. She pees on the New York Post. What? Something wrong with that?
- No. More. Cabs.
- No more pay per view movies on Time Warner. If there's a movie I like on Sundance, I watch it. If not, I am now watching crap reality TV on Bravo. It's like crack cocaine and now I'm addicted. Whatever. If it lowers my IQ, so be it.
- Shoes. I've been wearing the same pair of black cowboy boots since December. If I'm lucky I'll have enough money to buy a pair of spring sandals at PayLess. Rock on Sista!
- I cook my own food and eat it even when it tastes like crap.
- I do not go to restaurants. I do not go to the movies.
Mayor Bloomberg, if you want me to start spending money, please help me find a fourth job. Otherwise shut your patrician mouth.