Sunday, May 17, 2009

Willowtown Street Fair, or Home Sweet Home


This lovely young lass stretches before the big race down Willow Place. A cloudy afternoon, low key and quiet. I ambled up and down the street, talking to my neighbors, enjoying a glass of ice tea, then later a vodka. I can't believe how much I initially disliked this place. So quiet! Nothing but kids! Where was all the action? Now, I'm at home in my home. This is my community. There will never be a "cool" bar, but it doesn't matter so much anymore. Then again I am a very different woman from the one who moved here ten years ago. I really enjoyed watching the kids run races, ride ponies, and chalk up the streets with flowers and trees. Last week, I watched the local pre-school entertain the kids with an Arthurian pageant. A story-teller with a guitar walked them down the street regaling them with tales of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.

No comments:

Post a Comment