Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Read This for Hot SEX

Do Not Disturb: Hotel Sex Stories, edited by Rachel Kramer Bussell. My story, The St. George Hotel, 1890, is part of the collection. The cover is cool and classy; art house erotica. Published by Cleis Press. These are the lovely ladies from San Francisco who published The Erotica Project, co-authored with Erin Cressida Wilson. So I love them.

I like to re-tell fairy tales and myths with a new twist. I like to add sexuality and a strong dose of the female narrative. I like my women strong and intelligent. I don't like to see them punished for being smart and sexy. I want to redress the abundance of male narratives that contain this plot.

The St. George Hotel, 1890 re-tells the story of Blue Beard. A monstrous man who killed all his woman and kept their bodies in the basement of his castle. We all know this story. In my version, the protagonist meets her sexy monster, but lives to tell the story. And it's one hot romance, let me tell you.

So buy the book, check into a hotel, and have sex for God's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment